See The Light chalk artist Gloria Kohlmann draws her stunning interpretation of the Easter story.
This DVD includes three art lessons:
1. GLORY! See The Light artist Heidi Shorts teaches on the art of Creative Lettering
2. HE IS NOT HERE! HE IS RISEN! See The Light Art Club Master Teacher Pat Knepley leads budding young artists in a step-by-step drawing lessons using chalk pastels. Plus, create your own black light reveal!
3. THREE CROSSES ON A HILL. See The Light's Jim Pence gives a tutorial in water colors as young artists discover The Joy of Art
* REVEL in original contemporary music performed by "Breathing Room" recording artists Jan Roper and Kevin Dukes while watching Gloria Kohlmann draw her remarkable art expression of the Easter Story.
* WATCH and HEAR the plan of salvation, clearly and creatively presented as you have never seen it.
* HEAR See The Light chalk artist Glory Kohlmann's commentary as you watch the Easter scene being created.
* MEET the See The Light team.
MY THOUGHTS AND REVIEW:
Easter (I like to call it, "Resurrection Day") is approaching. I was thankful for an opportunity to review The Crossmaker, a unique DVD that explores the resurrection account through interactive art. A grandfather told his grandchildren about a crossmaker named Dominic. Dominic witnessed Christ's death on the cross made by his hands and felt so ashamed and sad but an encounter with the risen Christ changed everything. We enjoyed the story; however, the camera movement is shaky and takes away from the flow of the story. The chalk drawings that are used to depict the story are well done. I love the three art lessons taught by 3 different art teachers. They demonstrate and explain very well. It's easy to follow their step by step instructions. There's a cool surprise for you to see in each art work. I also enjoyed watching Gloria Kohlmann draw an Easter picture with chalk while listening to beautiful worship music performed by Breathing Room (Jan Roper and Kevin Dukes). Very soothing and inspiring! You can also hear Gloria's commentary as you watch her creating that spectacular Easter scene. She made it look so easy and fun :). Another great bonus feature is a presentation of salvation using art. It's clear and simple for kids to understand. I'm quite impressed with See The Light. I really like their motto ("Drawing children to Him"). They make art enjoyable, doable, and Biblically relevant. I'm not good at art so this is great for me to use in our homeschool :). Check out The Crossmaker DVD, 150 minutes of wonderful Resurrection content, perfect for celebrating Easter with your kids in a creative way!
Website: http://www.SeeTheLightShine.com (“SEE THE LIGHT” Curriculum is being offered for free for a limited time!)
GIVEAWAY: You can win a copy of this DVD.
To Enter : Please leave a comment sharing a Bible verse or a quote about Jesus's Resurrection or letting me know which art curriculum you/your kids like and why. Please also make sure to leave your email address or your blog address so that I will be able to contact you if you're chosen as a winner (randomly). This giveaway is open only to US residents.
Deadline: April 15, 2011 at midnight (Pacific time)
For Extra Entries: 1. "Like" SeeTheLight Facebook page.
2. Please click here to vote for my photo.
3. Rate my daughter's review of Radical here, then come back to let me know you've done so (you don't need to tell me what rating you give her).
4. Follow this blog via Google Friend Connect or NetworkedBlogs
5. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/treasuredbyGod .
6. Post about this giveaway and link to this post on your blog.
7. Post the link to this giveaway on your Facebook page or tweet it. Please also leave your Facebook link or twitter link in your comment.
“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”