- At home…I have the opportunity (everyday…all day long) to teach & train my kids, and instill Biblical values in them. "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 My kids are taught about priorities in life: GOD first, family second. My kids are taught to "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" and to "love your neighbor as yourself."
- At home…my kids and I can pray anytime, can read the Bible anytime, can praise and worship God anytime, can quote Bible verses anytime, and can discuss about God & His Word anytime. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on YOUR CHILDREN. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:5-7
- At home…my kids are taught to realize that "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge."
- At home…my kids see that Jesus Christ is our ultimate Role Model!
- At home…my kids embrace eternal perspective/Biblical perspective and a heart for the Great Commission.
- At home…my kids are equipped and prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks them to give the reason for the hope that they have. They are encouraged to boldly proclaim the Gospel and to faithfully serve the King of kings.
- At home…my kids’ character is of greater importance than their academic achievement.
- At home…I get to spend time with my kids. I treasure every moment (good and bad). They grow so fast. I love to witness their different stages. I love listening to my kids talk. I love hearing them laugh, joke around, and encourage one another.
- At home…I get to know my kids more and more each day. I get to know and appreciate their likes, their dislikes, their interests, their talents, their learning styles, and their unique personalities.
- At home…my kids are safe & secure and are learning in a loving, non-judgmental environment.
- At home…my kids are free to be themselves…to be who God wants them to be. Free to question, free to explore, free to discuss, free to pursue what they’re interested in, free to sing (make a joyful noise in class), free to lie down on the floor while studying, free to jump up and down or play basketball while doing spelling tests (orally), free to have snacks while reading, free to get mom’s hugs anytime they want , etc.
- At home…we can be flexible with our time management. We don’t have to rush (go..go..go) in the morning. We can take breaks when we need or want to. We can take our vacation during the school year.
- At home…my kids are not exposed to all the awful things that are going on in public schools and even in some Christian private schools (drugs, swearing, immodesty, violence, bullies, inappropriate talks/discussion, cheating, lying, name-calling, bad manners, disrespectfulness, defiance against authority, peer pressure, bad influences, etc.)
- At home…my kids are not constantly exposed to sicknesses/germs.
- At home…I get to learn right along with my kids. It’s a lot of fun!
- At home…my kids learn to help one another out. The older ones help teach the younger ones. They have developed such a strong bond. Precious memories…precious relationship, indeed!
- At home…my kids love & trust their teachers (Mom & Dad); their teachers love & genuinely care about them. Hugs and kisses are not only allowed but also very welcome .
Sunday, November 13, 2011
There's No Place Like HOMEschool
Here are my reasons why I believe...when it comes to school, there’s no place like home: