1. I'm thankful for restful sleep. I hardly ever have trouble sleeping. It's truly a blessing.
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8
2. I'm thankful for LJ Fellowship. I thank God for giving me opportunities to share His love with the international students and to serve Him alongside a group of awesome brothers and sisters in Christ. I love God and people ♥; His love causes me to love loving everyone :)!
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." ~Jesus
3. I'm thankful that the Lord has kept Josiah safe (without any serious injuries) throughout all the football practices and games so far. Having a kid playing football really makes parents pray much more :)! By the way, Josiah's team won the playoff game today and will be playing the championship game next Saturday.
4. I'm thankful for the wind (especially when it blows on my face during a car ride or boat ride). It feels so good and refreshing! I know why dogs like to stick their heads out a car's window :).
5. I'm thankful for freedom in Christ and freedoms in this country. Please don't take for granted your freedom to vote and make your voice heard!
6. I'm thankful that God is always in control. I'm thankful for His sovereignty and faithfulness!
"Lord, You have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting YOU ARE GOD." Psalm 90:1-2
7. I'm thankful for fine shelter...fire in our wood stove...and fuzzy socks :).
Please pray for and help out the homeless.
8. I'm thankful that my kids are cheerful givers and don't get into consumerism. They enjoy shopping (for others in need) through gift catalogs from World Vision, Gospel for Asia, and Samaritan's Purse. We are blessed so that we may be blessings to others!
Please check out the gift catalogs from these worthy Christian organizations. Your gift(s) can make an eternal impact! Did you know that $1 can pay for 200 Gospel tracts and $4 for 8 New Testaments?
"It is more blessed to give than to receive." ~Jesus
9. I'm thankful for my awesome husband who loves me as Christ loves His Church! I'm thankful for our Christ-centered marriage!
I was stunned and amused (I even laughed out loud) when I checked my FB messages in the "others" category (for the first time) and found several emails from men (some claimed to be Christians) trying to hit on me. Yikes! My profile clearly shows I'm married. I'm saddened by the decline of morality in this world.
10. I'm thankful for indescribable joy, peace, and contentment I have in Christ.
"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15
11. I'm thankful for all the men and women who have served and sacrificed so that I may enjoy many freedoms in this country.
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." Psalm 33:12a
12. I'm thankful for God's Word, my light and my delight! My spiritual bread daily nourishes and strengthens me!
"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105
"Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors." Psalm 119:24
"Man does not live on bread alone but on every Word that comes from the mouth of the Lord." Deuteronomy 8:3b
13. I'm thankful for my eternal hope, security, and confidence in Christ. O blessed assurance!
"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:22-23
"I know Whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day." 2 Timothy 1:12b
14. I'm thankful for Christ-centered, God-honoring hymns and worship songs. Those which are rich in deep thoughts about God, reverence for God, expressions of praise to God, and intimacy with God!
15. I'm thankful for my good health. Even though I do live with intense pain on and off, I am truly thankful. There are many who struggle so much more.
16. I'm thankful for my friends...near and far...on and off Facebook. All have enriched my life; their friendship means a lot to me.
17. I'm thankful for God's amazing grace and boundless mercy!
18. I'm thankful for massages I get regularly from Eric and occasionally from the kids :). Oh...so relaxing!
19. I'm thankful for God's constant presence and omnipresence!
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5b
20. I'm thankful for God's forgiveness! And I'm thankful that I live with very forgiving people :).
"He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities...As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:10, 12
"If You, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with You there is forgiveness; therefore You are feared." Psalm 130:3-4
"In Him (Christ) we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8
21. I'm thankful for smiles and laughter that fill my days :).
22. I'm thankful for faith, family, food, and fun. I know from Whom all my blessings flow.
“The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank.” ~Dante Gabriel Rossetti
23. I'm thankful for my three children, bright and beautiful blessings from the Lord. They love Jesus! They're thoughtful, thankful, truthful, faithful, helpful, and joyful.
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 4
24. I'm thankful for God's unconditional, unselfish, unending love ♥!
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
"Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You.
I will praise You as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands." Psalm 63:3-4
"Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever." Psalm 136:26
25. I'm thankful for hugs and kisses from my hubby and kids. I'm glad I live with affectionate people :).
26. I'm thankful that I can talk with my Heavenly Father anytime anywhere about anything. We are super close :).
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." 1 John 5:14
"I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live." Psalm 116:1-2
27. I'm thankful for high tolerance for pain, any relief from pain, strength and energy in spite of pain :).
"I love You, O Lord, my Strength." Psalm 18:1
28. I'm most thankful for Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior!
Because of Him, I am who I am today...born again and blessed, complete and content, forgiven and free, saved and sanctified, treasured and transformed! Because of Him, I have a purposeful life, meaningful life, abundant life, and eternal life.
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20
"I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24
Each day is an opportunity to love and serve God and people.
Each day is an opportunity to know Him more and to make Him known.
Each day is an opportunity to encourage and edify others.
Each day is an opportunity to live for God...to be used for His glory and His kingdom.
And each day is an opportunity to practice thankfulness to the Lord.