1. After having MRI done, I was diagnosed with Adenomyosis. I chose to not have my uterus removed and just to live with pain :).
2. Alyssa (our 19 yo daughter)'s short story, "Deadly Delirium" was published as an e-book by Musa Publishing in February. It's available on Amazon.com and on Musa Publishing's website.
3. This year, Alyssa passed the baton to Isaiah (our 11 yo son) in being a fundraiser for Steps for Life. We're so proud of him for raising $1,500 for Pregnancy Resource Centers; he got 2nd place in his age group.
4. In June, I took a trip to Thailand (after being away for 20 years) to visit my ailing dad. He passed away while I was there. I was extremely grateful that God allowed me the opportunity to see and share the Gospel with my dad for the last time. You can read my testimony of God's amazing work throughout my trip here.
5. In August, Alyssa started taking Krav Maga (Israeli self-defense) classes and she has been enjoying it tremendously.
6. Our family had a wonderful vacation at Wallowa Lake in September. We had a great time fishing, motor-boating, paddle-boating, hiking, tram-riding (up to Mt. Howard), scenic driving (to Hat Point), miniature golfing, playing games, and just chilling out together.
7. We're so thrilled that Josiah (our 14 yo son) finally decided to be baptized. Eric (my husband) baptized him at Ramona Falls on September 14th.
8. Josiah enjoyed being part of a football team. His team, the Newberg Tigers, went to the championship game and got second place/silver medals.
9. Alyssa has been working as an on-call technical writer/editor for a local mechanical engineering firm. She also continues to volunteer in the preschool class at church. In addition, she is an online missionary through Global Media Outreach.
10. On Dec. 13th, Eric took Josiah to the Blazers vs. Spurs game (Josiah's birthday gift). They had a blast!
By the way, this year I had the coolest birthday date on 12/12/12 :). We thank God for giving us opportunities to continue serving Him in LJ Fellowship (LJ stands for Love in Jesus/Loving J.O.Y.--Jesus. Others. You.), an outreach to the international students who attend George Fox University. I also had a blessed time participating in a Christmas Flash Mob at Washington Square Mall on Dec. 22nd.
Here are some snapshots of our 2012.