1. I'm thankful for the peace that Yahweh Shalom gives me! The Lord is Peace. He is the Source of true peace. When I fix my thoughts on the power of God, the promises of God, & the purposes of God and give thanks continually for His presence, provision, & protection, His peace guards my heart and mind. I pray. I trust. I rest. Inner peace.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~Jesus (John 14:27)
2. I'm thankful for the complete, irrevocable, and eternal forgiveness I have in Christ. My past, present, and future sins are all forgiven.
"In Him (Jesus Christ) we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." Ephesians 1:7-8
3. I'm thankful for JESUS CHRIST, my Lord, Savior, Redeemer, Rescuer, Advocate, and Best Friend Who loves me and gave His life up for me so that I may live! He washed away all my sins and shame. I know that my Redeemer lives! It's all about Him. May my life, words, attitudes, and actions always honor & glorify Jesus and point people to Him!
"Thanks be to God, Who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 7:25
"For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty (futile) way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a Lamb without blemish or defect." 1 Peter 1:18-19
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20
4. I'm thankful for my Christ-centered, mission-minded, joy-filled, grace-saturated, God-dependent family that majors in unconditional love, kindness, forgiveness, and encouragement ! God gives me the best family for me . I'm blessed beyond words.
"Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life!" ~Albert Einstein
"O Lord my God, I will give You thanks forever." Psalm 30:12b
5. I'm thankful for God's provision. God has faithfully provided for me and will always provide for what I need. He already provided my greatest need, the need for a substitute to pay for the penalty for my sin and die in my place. He provided His one and only Son, Jesus Christ!
"God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8
"My God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
6. I'm thankful for God's gift of music. Music can be powerful, meaningful, worshipful, insightful, inspiring, encouraging, or soul-stirring. It can trigger our memories, speak to our heart, cheer us up, make us want to dance, refresh us, remind us of God's goodness, etc. I enjoy listening to music. In our family, we have 2 composers, 4 piano players, and one very grateful fan, me . I'm thankful that God cares about the heart of His worshipers, not the voice :). I love to sing to the Lord.
"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song." Psalm 95:1-2
"Sing to Him, sing His praise, proclaim all His wondrous deeds." 1 Chronicles 16:9"Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us." ~Martin Luther
7. I'm thankful for my husband who is also my best friend and spiritual mentor. He loves me unconditionally, selflessly, sacrificially...and makes me feel loved. He still thinks I'm the best (the truth is he's the best even though he doesn't agree!), enjoys spending time with me, makes me laugh, values my opinions, opens the doors for me, says "Please" and "Thank you", kisses me like there's no tomorrow ...the list goes on. More importantly, he loves God with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength! I thank God for allowing Eric and me to walk together as husband and wife on this life's journey. What a blessed wife I am!
8. I'm thankful for simple joys in life. Laughing so hard that my belly aches or my eyes are watery...holding hands with my beloved hubby... discussing with my kids about God's Word...spending my quiet time with my Heavenly Father...having great conversations...serving others...making others smile and laugh...singing Shout To The Lord with gusto...playing games with family and friends...playing basketball with my boys...Skyping with my daughter... cooking & eating Thai food...baking cookies...taking pictures/capturing moments... admiring gorgeous sunsets...sipping coffee in front of the wood stove...reading insightful books...being around thoughtful & thankful people.........
"Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:20
9. I'm thankful for God's steadfast, unshakable, & everlasting lovingkindness ! I'm so loved by God Almighty, the Creator of the Universe! You are, too! I'm thankful that God graciously sends me daily love notes, making His presence known to me in a personal way.
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions (mercies) never fail (cease). They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever." Psalm 136:1, 26
10. I'm thankful for the Body of Christ near and far... all around the world. I'm thankful for the beautiful bond we share--the bond of Christ--which can never be broken. I'm blessed to know so many brothers and sisters in Christ in real life and via Facebook (you know who you are :)).
"May the God Who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5-6
Today is International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church. Please join me and others in praying for our brothers and sisters in Christ around the world who suffer persecution because of their faith in Jesus Christ.
"Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering." Hebrews 13:3
11. I'm thankful to be living in America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. I'm thankful for all who have ever served and sacrificed for this country.
12. I'm thankful that my sons are best buddies. They practically can read each other's mind . They've always shared one bedroom and they still want to at age 15 and 12 (even though we now have a spare bedroom since Alyssa is in college). They talk about everything under the sun. They play together and love to make each other laugh.
"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!" Psalm 133:1
13. I'm thankful for homeschooling. This is our 15th year of homeschooling and God has sustained and blessed us through it all. I'm also thankful that my kids are thankful for homeschooling. Those who homeschool their kids would know what I mean :).
14. I'm thankful for Skype . I'm glad I'm able to talk with and "see" Alyssa who is in college...via Skype. I miss her!!!
15. I'm thankful for the privilege of prayer. I'm so glad that God never gets tired of listening to me . I'm also thankful for people who pray for me and my loved ones.
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." 1 John 5:14
"I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned His ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live." Psalm 116:1-2
P.S. Please pray for my daughter. Here's her prayer request: "I'd really appreciate prayers for my PFA (physical fitness assessment), which is on the 19th, to go well. I'll be running with an injury so please pray that it won't get significantly worse as well. Thank you so much!"
16. I'm thankful for our family's devotion time. We sing hymns/praise songs, read & discuss God's Word, and pray together. Christ is the Head of our family and we desire Him to be the Center of our lives and our family always.
17. I'm thankful for the gift of God's unconditional, undeserved, and unending grace. I am daily dependent on God's grace and it still amazes me. His grace is always sufficient for me. I'm forever grateful that I've been saved not by works but by His grace alone.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2
18. I'm thankful that God allows me to experience Him intimately and see His fingerprints on my life and the lives of others over and over again. Today is one of those days with "Wow! Thank You, Lord, for that!" moments. He cares even about the little details of my days. Praise Yahweh Rohi (The Lord Is My Shepherd)! He leads me, guides me, and refreshes my soul. His presence makes all the difference in the world! I can and I will testify of His goodness, faithfulness, power, love, grace, and mercy forever. The more I know God, the more I love Him and the more grateful I am for Him. The more I love Him and the more grateful I am for Him, the more I want to know Him and to make Him known.
"Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6
"Now to Him Who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21
19. I'm thankful for God's Word in which I take delight. I ardently cherish God's Love Letter to me. I'm excited to read it each day...to hear His whispers of love, hope, and encouragement. I don't want to miss out on anything :)! I'm thankful for my nourishing Daily Bread and guiding Light.
"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105
"Man does not live on bread alone but on every Word that comes from the mouth of the Lord." Deuteronomy 8:3b
20. I'm thankful for our home sweet home...a modest house with a million dollar view :). It's actually not our house; it's God's. I'm thankful that He allows us to use this home to offer hospitality to people.
"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain." Psalm 127:1
"Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling." 1 Peter 4:9
21. I'm thankful that this month I have less pain-filled days than usual. Praise Yahweh Rapha (The Lord Who Heals)!
22. I'm thankful that my sons are thoughtful and responsible. In the morning, they bring in firewood & make fire in our woodstove and diligently do their homschool work...sometimes even before I get up (like today) :).
23. I'm thankful for insightful books that drive me to dig deeper in God's Word...that inspire and challenge me. I'm thankful that I never run out of great books to read (since I'm a book reviewer besides having a mini library at home :)). I enjoy receiving books/packages in the mail...it's like having Christmas presents delivered here pretty much every week :).
24. I'm thankful for the occasional bursts of energy and strength God has graciously given me between my debilitating pain episodes. Praise El Sali (God My Strength)!
"I love You, O Lord, my Strength. The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress and my Deliverer; my God is my Rock, in Whom I take refuge, my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold." Psalm 18:1
"The Lord is my Strength and my Shield; my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise Him." Psalm 28:7
"You are my Strength, I sing praise to You; You, God, are my Fortress, my God on Whom I can rely." Psalm 59:17
25. I'm thankful for opportunities to take my family to free advance screenings of Disney's movies (I'm one of their review bloggers). Tonight we enjoyed Frozen :)!
26. I'm thankful for my mother-in-love, Juanita. She is one of the kindest, most generous, & most loving people I've ever met. Her love for Jesus is always obvious. I'm very blessed to have her in my life!
27. I'm thankful for my delightful daughter, Alyssa ! So thankful that she's home!!! I'm spoiling her with all her favorite foods :).
28. I'm thankful for God's bountiful blessings...abundance of family love...abundance of helping hands...abundance of delicious food...abundance of laughter and fun! Also thankful that I probably won't have to cook again until next week (due to an abundance of leftovers) :). Another thing...I'm thankful for thankful people.
29. I'm thankful for my sister-in-love, Annette. She is patient and kind...lovely in every way! She is my "adopted" sister and one of my dearest sisters in Christ! Also thankful for the early birthday gifts she gave me :)! She is always sweet and thoughtful.
30. I'm thankful for God's protection. So thankful that He watches over my family and me...over our daughter when she is away at college.
"He will not let your foot slip--He Who watches over you will not slumber... The Lord will keep you from all harm--He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:3, 7-8
Happy Thanksliving :)! Thanksgiving doesn't have to end and in fact, it should never end. May our every day be a day of thanksgiving! We have so much to be thankful for! May our hearts always be overflowing with gratitude! May our lives continually be Thank-You cards to God!