1. In January, my left eye was practically blind due to vitreous hemorrhage. God graciously gave me back my sight.
2. After living with intense (sometimes excruciating) pain for approximately 10 years (or more) due to Adenomyosis, I decided to have a partial hysterectomy (keeping my ovaries and cervix) on March 8th. God blessed me with a successful surgery and a quick recovery. Life with no chronic pain is such a blessing that I never want to take for granted.
3. Alyssa got her driving license on March 25th.
4. On April 9th, Eric, Josiah, and I hiked at Silver Falls.
5. This year, Isaiah raised $2,242 for Steps for Life and won third place in his age group.
6. On May 29th, we (except Alyssa) visited Mirror Lake and Trillium Lake.
7. On June 9th, Josiah had his first job interview with Wendy's and got the job.
8. In June, I had my first jury process experience (although I wasn't selected).
9. Alyssa did an internship as a videographer with OM in El Salvador from June 16 to July 15.
10. This summer, we painted our house blue with white trim and red door.
11. Eric and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at the beach. We stayed at Esther Lee. We enjoyed our first tandem-kayaking.
12. God saved Eric from a major accident on the highway coming home from work on September 27th.
13. We (except Josiah) went through our first corn maze on October 29th.
14. In December, our whole family started playing Words With Friends on our iphones and ipad. We are quite competitive :).
15. Alyssa got her ears pierced and got contact lens.
16. Alyssa attended Cru Winter Conference in Portland from December 28 to January 1.
P.S. This is also a year of replacements and additions: new refrigerator, washing machine (used), new TV (50" Samsung...smart one), 2 new electric heaters, (used) Xbox, camera (used Nikon D3200), (used) china hutch, and (used) two green flowery chairs.
Note: Check out Josiah's YouTube channel. This year, he has added 10 videos. Some of his piano covers include Someone Like You (Adele), Yesterday (The Beatles), Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles), Kindergarten Cop Theme, God Help the Outcasts (from The Hunchback of Notre Dame), Billy Jean (Michael Jackson), and New York State of Mind (Billy Joel). This one is one of his original compositions.
|Personalize a free slideshow design|
As another year draws to an end, we reflect upon God's goodness and faithfulness. We're thankful for all the blessings He has given us and for all our family and friends near and far. May you all have a bright, beautiful, & blessed year!