Why do I homeschool?
" My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Colossians 2:2-3 That’s the main reason but there are more .
- I homeschool because…it gives me the opportunity (everyday…all day long) to teach & train my kids, and instill Biblical values in them. "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 My kids are taught about priorities in life: GOD first, family second. My kids are taught to "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" and to "love your neighbor as yourself."
- I homeschool because…my kids and I can pray anytime, can read the Bible anytime, can praise and worship God anytime, can quote Bible verses anytime, and can discuss about God & His Word anytime. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on YOUR CHILDREN. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:5-7
- I homeschool because…I want my kids to realize that "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge."
- I homeschool because…I want my kids to see that Jesus Christ is our ultimate Role Model!
- I homeschool because…I want to help my kids embrace eternal perspective/Biblical perspective and a heart for the Great Commission.
- I homeschool because…I want to equip my kids so that (in hopes that) a. they will always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks them to give the reason for the hope that they have, b. they will boldly proclaim the Gospel, and c. they will faithfully serve the King of kings.
- I homeschool because…I enjoy spending time with my kids. I treasure every moment (good and bad). They grow so fast. I love to witness their different stages. I love listening to my kids talk. I love hearing them laugh, joke around, and encourage one another. I love watching them "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
- I homeschool because…I get to know my kids more and more each day. I get to know and appreciate their likes, their dislikes, their interests, their talents, their learning styles, and their unique personalities.
- I homeschool because…my kids are safe & secure and are learning in a loving, non-judgmental environment ("home").
- I homeschool because…at home, my kids are free to be themselves…to be who God wants them to be. Free to question, free to explore, free to discuss, free to pursue what they’re interested in, free to sing (make a joyful noise in class), free to lie down on the floor while studying, free to jump up and down or play basketball while doing spelling tests (orally), free to have snacks while reading, free to get mom’s hugs anytime they want , etc.
- I homeschool because…I love it when my kids ask me questions and show the desire to know more. I love seeing their enthusiasm/love of learning.
- I homeschool because…we can be flexible with our time management. We don’t have to rush (go..go..go) in the morning. We can take breaks when we need or want to. We can take our vacation during the school year. We can go to places during the school hours and find empty parking spots. Yeah!
- I homeschool because…I don’t want my kids to be exposed to all the awful things that are going on in public schools and even in some Christian private schools (drugs, swearing, immodesty, violence, bullies, inappropriate talks/discussion, cheating, lying, name-calling, bad manners, disrespectfulness, defiance against authority, peer pressure, bad influences, etc.)
- I homeschool because…I get to learn right along with my kids. It’s a lot of fun!
- I homeschool because…I love to see my kids help one another out and look out for one another. The older ones help teach the younger ones. They have developed such a strong bond. Precious memories…precious relationship, indeed!
- I homeschool because…I love my kids and care about them so very much (more than any teachers ever will!) All my kids want to be homeschooled and they know why we choose homeschooling. Our family is truly thankful for that choice!
Will we homeschool our children through graduation?
Lord willing, yes..yes..yes (each yes for each kid). Why? Why stop a good thing? I don’t want to see all our investments yield negative returns. I am not going to throw my kids into the devil’s playing field on purpose. The devil has his home court advantage in public schools for sure. Even strong players are known to stumble and lose when they play away from their home court. Let’s give our kids home court advantage as long as we possibly can !
If someone is considering homeschooling, what would be one good reason/advice I would give?
Guard your children’s souls! Keep them home. Remember that "your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour"!!! Don’t let that "someone" be your kid. "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?" Mark 8:36