Grounded in God's principles
Immovable in righteousness
Yielding to Christ
- Take care of my sons' needs
- Teach my sons God's Word
- Work on building their character, training their attitudes, and tying heart strings
- Lead by example; walk the talk; be real and humble
- Pray for them
- Spend plenty of quality time with them
- Keep our communication line open always; be an attentive listener
- Transform my sons' hearts
- Convict them when they've sinned
- Lead them by the Holy Spirit
- Be their Heavenly Father
- Be there for them with them at all times
I hope so :). I try to focus on the heart, attitude/motives, and character.
5. Jesus called the Pharisees “white-washed tombs” (Matthew 23:27) because they only cared about how they appeared on the outside, and not about cleaning up their hearts. How does this apply to the way we need to raise our sons?
Lord, please help my sons to be men of integrity and honor You in all they do. Please help them surrender all to Christ and imitate Christ. May my sons love You with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength! In Jesus's name, I pray. Amen!