1. Can you recall a time when you sensed your son's heart was soft to the message of the Gospel? Describe what happened here.
They realized they needed a Savior. They repented and desired to obey God's Word.
2. Do your sons know the Lord? Where are they in their walk with Him? Where would you like them to be?
Yes! My 12 year old son knows more about God and His Word intellectually than my 9 year old son; however, my 9 year old son applies God's Word daily more than my 12 year old son. I would like both of them to take delight in God and His Word more. I'd like to see them more devoted to know Him more, and to make Him known. I'd like to see them desire to hide God's Word in their hearts and desire to please Him on their own without any prodding :).
3. Have you seen specific ways that God brought something beautiful from a situation you thought was lost with your son(s)? Recall it here.
After a difficult day I had with my challenging son (when he was 7), what he said to me when I tucked him in bed that night reminded me again of how gracious the Lord is to me! I asked my son if he had any prayer requests. He softly replied, "Yes, I want to be more like Jesus." Isn’t that precious? He has such a beautiful, tender heart! I told him–That’s my heart’s desire, too (to be more like Jesus).
4. In what ways do you strive to make the message of the manger come alive in the hearts of your son(s)?
Hopefully and prayerfully, by God's grace, my husband and I have been walking the talk...living our faith loud and clear. Jesus is our Lord and Savior, our Life and Love, our Joy and Strength, our Hope and Healer, our Maker and Deliverer, our Prince of Peace and King of Kings, our Redeemer and Righteousness, our Advocate and Mediator, Our High Priest and Shepherd, our Teacher and Wonderful Counselor, our Light of the World and Bread of Life. Since birth, my sons have heard about Jesus, the Head of our family...the Person we cannot live without.
5. Have you made it a habit to pray for the salvation of your son(s)? How has this study changed the way you pray for them so far?
I have made it a habit to pray for my sons, but not much about their salvation since they already received the gift of salvation. This study has helped me to go through various aspects/ character traits to pray for my sons.